

Thank you to all who prayed for safe travel into the country. I got here in one piece but definitely having been affected by jet lag. I left Seattle early in the morning, and arrived in Switzerland around 12 hours later. I am on day 2 here in swiss land and definately missing home. It is going to take some time adjusting and making friends.
I am with a family that just moved to Geneva, Switzerland from Paris. They also are adjusting to a new place. The dad has been working here and commuting back and forth so he knows the most of any of us about the city. Geneva is part of the French side of the country. So most everything is in French, as well as the native tongue for the Sophie and the kids. Vaqar, the dad, is from Pakistan but spent college and some time after living in New York. He is an American citizen and will go back to the states around 4 times a year.
The kids are as follows: Chloe 10, Rehan 7, Lucca 5, and Sara 7months. They speak French often, and are sure to teach me before my time is up. They all speak english well, except for Lucca who only really speaks French, while he understands english quite well. The closest he has come to speaking english to me was chanting 'I don't speak english' (of course that was in english.. pretty funny)
My computer has a program called 'PhotoBooth' that takes funny pictures. The kids absolutely love this program, and I think if i let them they would fill my entire hard drive with pictures of themselves. The pictures posted are just two of the many taken.
I know I have only been here 3 days and it is understandable to miss home. Anyone who knows me, knows I am not the best always when it comes to waiting. I have to admit I am very homesick, and a year seems a long time at the beginning. I hope I can say at the end how much it flew by. I am so blessed to have such a great family and an awesome friend support in Seattle, that I am missing those loving and familar faces.
Lucky for me, Courtney Thompson is close by playing on a pro volleyball team. So next weekend I am going to see her in Bern (Switzerland's capital) Hopefully we can spend a good portion of time together, but I will have to check with her schedule.
Bellow is my contact info, I would love to hear from you
email: cfarny@gmail.com
My address:
chemin des ravonnets , 6
1228 Plan les Ouates , Geneve
dialing from the U.S.
home number: 011-41-22-743.2940
cell:011-41-78-746.3570
best of all is skype: my skype name is cfarny and my email is attached to it is cfarny@gmail.com
"If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:9b-10
4 comments:
Aww you've only been there 5 days! Its too early to get homesick! Its so cool that you're living in Geneva! I hope you don't get sucked into a black hole created by the Hadron Super Collider thats there! You know they just turned it on and they don't know what's going to happen when they get it up to full power.
You should take the kids to see it!
You made it to Switzerland! Sorry you are homesick but go out an explore. Looking forward to stories about Geneva and the kids.
-Joe A
Testing..123...testing...123.
Hey Caroyn;
Shane O. here hope things are well in Geneva. Hang in there, your time there will go faster than you think. Just getting there is one of the biggest hurdles.
Take care :)
Shane O.
I'm glad to hear you're kicking butt. I wish you continued success and will keep your RSS feed handy for news to come.
Post a Comment