It is really official, there is something magical about this city for me. Once you hear the end of my Paris trip story you will see the huge dampener that happened at the end… however it can’t take away from the magic inside.
I decided with my time in Europe widdling down, that I just couldn’t go back to the states without visiting some of the major cities I set out to see when I came over, namely Paris and London. Au pair friends were conveniently going to Barcelona at the end of my trip, so I thought it very convenient to end my adventure there with them. The following entry is dedicated to my time in Paris!
I arrived a little at ease about the subway system and getting around, thanks to my previous visit there a few weeks earlier. Nonetheless, I started the trip a bit weary of not getting lost and staying safe in the big city alone.
With that… I had my backpack, running shoes, and camera- COMPLETE TOURIST. If you have been to Europe at all you know how stylish everyone is, so the running shoes and backpack made me stick out like a sore thumb. I didn’t even care.
Mission was to hit the things I missed the first time around. In about a 30 hour period of time… I did just that. It might be better if I just do the run down
Musee D’Orsay: Picasso special exhibit, Renior/Monet… amazing in person
Notre Dame: had to go again to see inside
Saint Chappelle: All Stained Glass (favorite)- depicts the bible with over 13,000 small stained glass pictures.
Conceirgerie: Old Paris Prison where they held the famous Marie Antoinette before she was beheaded.
Opera House: I pretended I was a Royal Opera Performer while I was there. Most beautiful hall I have ever seen
Champs Elyse: famous shopping strip
Sacre Coeur: (sacred heart cathedral) enormous dome- outside the church was a stunning panorama of the city.
Montmartre: real artsy area in the city. Ran across a small market square where artists were selling their paintings. Talented
So my time was full- and with each part I just kept thinking to myself.. “Paris just keeps getting better.” Well I should have known that after having such a Paris High I was a bit hazy in going to the airport. It was the one time I put my money belt in my backpack. You know where I am going with this. Yes I was pick-pocketed and had 250 euro stolen.
I could have been a lot worse off- but thankfully they didn’t take my passport or credit cards. A bit mad at the thieves, and myself; it was onto my next destination… England!
(if you are dieing to see more pictures you can either email me or go to my facebook page)
1 comment:
You're having an amazing time. Splendid! I'm always excited when people go charging about Europe. Good for the soul, you know. :)
Post a Comment